This post is also available in: Sinhala
World HRD Congress presented Prof. H. H. D. N. P. Opatha, Senior Professor in Human Resources Management at University of Sri Jayewardenepura with the BEST PROFESSOR IN HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT citation (honour).
The event occurred on 17th February, 2018 at Taj Lands End, Mumbai, India at 3:00 pm. The World HRD Congress is an Executive Level Retreat in which participants review Evolving Trends in HRM that could change their paradigm on managing people at work. It is governed by Global Advisory Council which guides the strategic intent of the congress to its logical success.
The BEST PROFESSORS IN HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT is intensely researched. The research cell consists of Post Graduates in History & Management with over 7 years research experience posts their studies. It is an iconic job of the research cell to produce a shortlist of individuals who are doing extraordinary work and track the record of their achievements. The shortlist is then reviewed by a Jury of senior professionals from across the globe.
The criteria and competencies benchmarked are:
- Strategic Perspective
- Track Record
- Ability for Sustainability
- Future Orientation
- Integrity and Ethics
- HR Impact (Internal to the Organization)
- Other HR Competencies
The Jury which consists of senior leaders, researchers and academicians includes some prominent names as below:
- Dr. Arun Arora, Ex President and CEO, The Economic Times; Chairman, Edvance Pre-schools Pvt.Ltd. & Emeritus Chairman-World HRD Congress
- Dr. Harish Mehta, Chairman & MD-Onward Technologies Ltd.; Emeritus Chairman-World HRD Congress & Founder member-NASSCOM
- Professor Tom Hilton, Global Chairman, Asia Pacific HRM Congress
- Jack Jones, Global Chairman, World HRD Congress
- Jonathan Peters, Global Chairman, Stars of the Industry Group
- Prof. Indira Parikh, Ex-Dean of IIM Ahmedabad & President-Antardisha (Directions from Within)
- Dr. R.L. Bhatia, Founder, World CSR Day and World Sustainability
- Nina E. Woodard, President & Chief “N” Sights Officer, Nina E. Woodard & Associates, a division of NDPendence, Inc.