The generation of entrepreneurs who are capable of revolutionizing the world challenging the tradition through innovation and, are capable of being creative destructors of the status quo has become a burning need of the era. Hence, the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, renowned as the centre of excellence in management education in Sri Lanka, invites both entrepreneurs, prospective entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial managers of Mother Lanka to join hands with the Department of Entrepreneurship, the precious centre for entrepreneurship, in to an intense period of personal and professional transformation that prepares them for taking up challenges in creating a prosperous motherland. Surprisingly for them, this would not be the destination, but would be a turning point in life that provides with the confidence and the required knowledge, skills and attitudes to achieve continuous professional development in the highly turbulent and competitive business environment and would help all the participants to have a victorious life.
- Entrepreneurs (those who own and manage their own business)
- Managers and Executives
- Academics in the field of business management and entrepreneurship
- Management Consultants
- Those who are planning to start their own businesses
- Graduates planning for postgraduate level qualifications
Medium of Instructions
Master of Entrepreneurship (M.Entr.) programs will be conducted in English with brief explanations in Sinhala and papers will be given only in English.
- Advanced Diploma in Entrepreneurial Business Management (ADEBM) USJ or a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university – and
- Above 25 years of age by the date of calling applications – and
- Three years valid business registration or three years’ experience as a manager in an entrepreneurial business or three years executive level experience in an institution that provides BDSS (Business Development Supportive Services) or three years executive level experience in an institution that promotes entrepreneurship in the nation or an employee of university of Sri Jayewardenepura with five years’ service in it.
- A Special Bachelor’s Degree with a class standing from a recognized university – or
- A General Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) standing – or
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with three years’ relevant post-qualifying experience – or
- A Postgraduate Diploma of not less than one year or Higher Degree from a recognized University with two years’ relevant experience.
One of the following professional qualifications with three years’ relevant post-qualifying experience.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka(ICASL)- Passed Finalist
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – Passed Finalist
- Association of Chartered & Certified Accountants (ACCA)- Passed Finalist
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) UK- Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) UK- Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (AIB) Sri Lanka – Diploma
- Institution of Engineers (CIE) UK /Sri Lanka – Associate member or above
- Sri Lanka Institute of Advanced Technology Education (SLIATE) – Higher National Diploma in Accountancy / Management / Commerce (HND A/M/C) (Four Year Course)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators – Member
- Attorney – at – Law
One of the following professional qualifications with five years’ relevant post-qualifying experience.
- Diploma in Marketing awarded by the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM)
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management from the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM)
Other professional qualifications equivalent to the above may be considered subject to the approval of the Senate