Applications have now been called for the 1st intake (2021/2022) for the Advanced Diploma in Sports Science and Management offered by the Department of Sports Science, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- Newly recruited sports coaches in government schools’ accordance with the Ministry of Education to enhance their practical and theoretical knowledge in sports
- Sport officers/ Physical trainers and any other sports enthusiasts to enrich their professional practice in the field
- Qualification: SLQF Level IV
- Duration: 02 Years
- Medium: English / Sinhala
- Mode of Study: Part-time (Weekends 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
- Mode of Delivery: Lectures and Practicals/ Online Sessions
- Course Fee Rs 100,000/= (can be paid in 3 installments)
To be eligible for the admission to the above-mentioned Advanced Diploma programme, candidates should have possess,
1. General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) or an equivalent qualification
Completion of NVQF level 5 followed by a corresponding cognitive bridging program.
– OR –
2. General Certificate of Education (Ordinary level) and Provincial or National or International Sports achievements
Five (5) years’ experience in sports sector as specified by the Department of Sports Science DSS)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants should apply online – Click Here to Apply Online >>
Applicants should pay an application fee of Rs. 1,000/= to the Bank Account Number 097-1-001-7-001-4075 (People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch) in favour of University of Sri Jayewardenepura and should upload a copy of the payment/ bank deposit slip.
The closing date for the online application submission is 25th January 2021.
For further information, please contact:
Dept. of Sports Science, Faculty of Applied Sciences, USJ: 0112881530/1 ; 0760010997
University of Sri Jayewardenepura