Dr. Nayana Wijayasundara, the Librarian of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura took part as a panelist of the Clarivate South Asia’s Librarian Forum 2021 held on 09th September 2021. Clarivate is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. Their vision is to improve the way the world creates, protects and advances innovation. Web of Science is a product of Clarivate.
The forum was organized on the theme “Role of the librarians in promoting research integrity and overall institutional profile”. This forum was a part of Clarivate’s ongoing efforts to engage with the library community, one of the key stakeholders in the research lifecycle of institutions across the country.
The Librarian forum was highlighted the best practices in and key role of librarians in promoting research integrity and overall institutional profile under the following areas:
- Understanding our shared responsibility for research integrity and a sustainable scholarly ecosystem
- Web of Science remote access for institutions
- Journal evaluation and inclusion criteria in the Web of Science
- Driving your institutional profile and research performance
Four invited panelists from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh discussed on the following areas related to the theme of the forum;
- Responsible use of metrics and data for research performance evaluation, special emphasis on Journal Impact Factor
- Best practices in promoting genuine OA journals
- Approaches to sensitize researchers on predatory journals
- Librarian outreach to students – How can librarians educate students on good citation behaviour?