This post is also available in: Sinhala
Research Methodology and Scientific Writing course is conducted by the Faculty of Graduate Studies of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
The Researchers or Research Students who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills in Research Methodology and Scientific Writing
The intake will be limited to 100 candidates
External Candidates – Rs. 25,000/=
USJP academic & academic support staff – Rs. 12,500/=
Internal Candidates (Current postgraduate students at USJP) – free of charge
Course Fee of Rs 25,000/= should be paid on or before 03.11.2018 to account number 053530006427 from any People’s Bank branch after receiving the confirmation that you have been selected for the course.
The total duration is 30 hours and the lecture sessions will be conducted Wednesdays & Thursdays from 5.30 to 7.30 p.m. at the Seminar Room 1 – Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda.
The Course Objectives:
The course was designed to provide students the knowledge and skills to prepare a comprehensive research proposal, conduct a literature review, design experiments/surveys to procure data, analyze the data using standard qualitative and quantitative techniques and use of statistical packages, writing thesis, reports and research papers.
Intended Learning Outcomes of the course:
- Ability to prepare comprehensive research proposals
- Ability to procure and organize relevant secondary literature from both hard and electronic sources through the internet.
- Analyze the data to suit the objectives of the research using relevant statistical packages
- Ability to prepare effective research proposals for funding
- Ability to write research papers for journals
- Ability to write the thesis
- Review scientific papers and other communication effectively
- Be knowledgeable about the publishers and the funding organizations and their priorities
- Be aware of the ethics in scientific communication
- Be able to present his/her work to a variety of audiences effectively and efficiently
The course will be commenced on the second week of November 2018.
Closing date for the Application: 31st October 2018
A certificate of participation will be awarded after successful completion of the courses.