This post is also available in: Sinhala
To be eligible for admission to the MBA and MSc programs, an applicant must possess one of the following qualifications and a good working knowledge of English:
- A Special Bachelor’s Degree with a class standing in Business Administration/ Public Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accountancy/ Finance/ Estate Management and Valuation/ Business Economics/ Operations Management/ Management Information Systems/ Economics from a recognised university.
- A General Bachelor’s Degree with a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) standing in any of the above subject areas from a recognised University.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any subject area from a recognised University with three years’ post-qualifying relevant experience.
- A Postgraduate Diploma of not less than one year or Higher Degree in Management Studies from a recognised University.
- A Postgraduate Diploma of not less than one year or Higher Degree in any other field from a recognised University with two years’ relevant experience.
One of the following professional qualifications with three years’ post-qualifying relevant experience.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA)- Passed Finalist
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – Passed Finalist
- Association of Chartered & Certified Accountants (ACCA)- Passed Finalist
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) UK- Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) UK- Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (AIB) Sri Lanka – Diploma
- Institution of Engineers (CIE) UK /Sri Lanka – Associate member or above
- Ceylon Technical College – Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) (Four Year Course)
- Ceylon Technical College – Higher National Diploma in Management/ Commerce (HNDM/C) (Four Year Course)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators – Member
- Attorney – at – Law
One of the following professional qualifications with five years’ post-qualifying relevant experience.
- Diploma in Marketing awarded by the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM)
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management from the Institute of Personnel Management.
Other professional qualifications equivalent to the above may be considered subject to the approval of the Senate.
Duration: Two years
Course Fee: Rs 500,000/-
(60% of the total payment should be paid at the time of registration. Loan facilities can be arranged at concessionary rates for those who require)
- Fill the application online and submit or handover properly filled application with relevant photocopies of the certificates to the Deputy Registrar of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1,500/- to account number 053010005667 from any People’s Bank branch.
OR Pay online via Visa or MasterCard in LKR.
- After you have made the payment of application fee, upload the following documents to process your application. OR Handover to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Color photograph (Passport size – sky blue background in PNG or JPG format)
- Birth certificate (in PDF format)
- Certified copies of the certificates of Academic / Professional qualification (in PDF format)
- Letter of Release from employer (only for full-time students who are currently employed) – (in PDF format)
- Bank payment receipt (in PDF format) – not applicable for Visa or MasterCard payments
- Documents that certify relevant work experience. (in PDF format)
Closing date of applications: 13th December 2017
For Further information:
Dr. (Mrs.) Bhadra J. H. Arachchige
Postgraduate Centre for Business Studies
Sri Soratha Mandiraya
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Telephone: +94 11 280 16 16
Ms. Kumudu Herath
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Telephone: +94 11 288 1550