Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
POST OF PROFESSOR
Department of History & Archaeology
The applications should be accomplished with the following in terms of the University Grants Commission Circular 11/2019 of 08.11.2019. (This circular is available in www.ugc.ac.lk web site)
(a) The Curriculum Vitae & Application Form.
(b) A list of the applicant’s contribution to:
- Teaching & Academic Development
- Dissemination of knowledge and University and National Development
under the titles and subtitles of Sections 1 and 3 of the Marking Scheme
(c) Three (03) Copies of each Research Publication and Scholarly work by the applicant pertaining to Sections 2.1 and 2.2 of the Marking Scheme.
(d) Evidence for substantive citation of the applicant’s work by others.
(e) Titles of five (05) outstanding research papers/ publications by the applicant.
(d) A list of Creative Works and Patents in the relevant field by the applicant, with evidence.
POST OF SENIOR LECTURER (GRADE I)/ SENIOR LECTURER (GRADE II)/ LECTURER (PROBATIONARY)
Department of Anthropology
Preference will be given to the candidates with qualifications in Cultural and Physical Anthropology.
- A) Professor – U-AC 5(II)
- Rs.117350 – 13×2700 – 152450 p.m. (01.01.2020)
Approximate Gross Salary Rs. 301,080/-
- B) Senior Lecturer Grade I – U-AC 3(I)
Rs.91310 – 7×2170 – 106500 p.m. (01.01.2020)
Approximate Gross Salary Rs.229,039/-
- C) Senior Lecturer Grade II – U-AC 3(II)
Rs.79360 – 11×1630 – 97290 p.m. (01.01.2020)
Approximate Gross Salary Rs.200,286/-
- D) Lecturer (Probationary) – U-AC 3 (IV)
Rs.54600 – 10×1335 – 67950 p.m. (01.01.2020)
Approximate Gross Salary Rs.123,075/-
The other allowances determined by the University Grants Commission will be paid in addition to the above salary.
Benefits: (Professor/ Senior Lecturer Grade I/ Senior Lecturer Grade II / Lecturer (Probationary)
- Selected candidates will contribute 10% from their monthly salary to the Universities’ Provident Fund while the University will make a contribution of 15% of their salary of which 8% will be credited to Universities Pension Fund and 7% to the Universities Provident Fund. In addition they will become contributors to the Employees’ Trust Fund which the University will contribute an amount equivalent to 3% of the Salary.
- Gratuity payment in accordance with the provisions of the payment of Gratuity Act 12 of 1983.
- Senior Lecturer Grade II and above are eligible for one year of Sabbatical Leave with full pay or two years without pay on completion of seven years of service. Further, those proceeding abroad during the Sabbatical Leave Period are eligible to receive full air passage for self and spouse.
APPLICATIONS & PARTICULARS
Application forms and further particulars including qualifications could be downloaded from the University website www.sjp.ac.lk.
Duly completed applications (downloaded from the Web Site) should be forwarded under registered cover indicating the post applied for on the top left-hand corner of the envelope to reach the Deputy Registrar/ Academic Establishments Division, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda on or before 13.01.2020.
Applicants from University System / Government Departments / Corporations/ Statutory Boards should channel their applications through the Head of their respective Institutions.
The University reserves the right to shortlist the candidates. Applications that do not conform to the requirements, incomplete applications, applications not in the relevant format (not downloaded from the Web Site) and applications received after the closing date will be rejected without intimation.
University of Sri Jayewardenepura,
Download: SCHEME OF RECRUITMENT OF ACADEMIC STAFF