Applications are hereby invited for the Aptitude Test for the Selection of Candidates for the Information Systems Undergraduate Degree Programme [096T/ 096C] from candidates who have sat for the G.C.E. (A/L) examinations in 2021 and possess the requirements for University admission as specified under section 1.2 and section 184.108.40.206 of the Handbook on “Admission to the Undergraduate Courses of the Universities in Sri Lanka – Academic Year 2021/2022” issued by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The test will be conducted by the University of Colombo School of Computing.
It is a prerequisite to pass the Aptitude Test to be eligible for the above programme of study at the University of Colombo School of Computing and the Faculty of Computing of University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Hence, the candidates who wish to submit applications for University Admissions of the University Grants Commission for the Academic Year 2021/2022, indicating their preference to be considered for the Information Systems degree programme at the University of Colombo School of Computing or the Faculty of Computing of University of Sri Jayewardenepura are required to apply and sit for the Aptitude Test.
Please note that the Aptitude Test will be held only in English medium.
Closing date of Application : 23rd September 2022
Issuance of Admission Cards : 27th September – 2nd October 2022
Date and Time of the Aptitude Test : 2nd October 2022, from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
Examination Venue : Colombo
Procedure for Submission of Applications :
- All the candidates should complete the application form on or before 23.09.2022. Please note that the only way to apply for the Aptitude Test is through the link below.
Note: The applications prepared manually or using templates are not accepted under any circumstances.
- The Aptitude Test fee of Rs. 2,000/- should be deposited to credit of the UCSC Account No. 086-1-001-2-1190316 at Thimbirigasyaya Branch of the People’s Bank using one of the payment method below ;
- Use the online payment mode using your credit/debit card according to the instructions available in the application form.
- Use the cash pay-in-voucher which could be downloaded from the application form and deposit the fee [Rs. 2,000/-] at any branch of the People’s Bank
- Use an online banking facility and transfer the fee [Rs. 2,000/-] to the UCSC Account No.
- The payment receipt issued by the bank at onsite/ online bank transaction should be uploaded to the relevant section of the application form according to the instructions available in the form.
- Cheques or Money Orders will not be accepted.
- Payment through ATM machines will not be accepted.
- Admission Cards will be issued only to the candidates who have satisfied the necessary admission requirements for the Aptitude Test.
- The applicants who do not possess the minimum admission requirements will not be notified and the payment will not be refunded.
- Applications will be rejected if:
- a candidate does not possess the minimum admission requirements for the Information Systems Undergraduate Degree;
- the application form is incomplete;
- The admission card will be available on the application system (https://ucsc.cmb.ac.lk/aptitude-test-admissions/public/) from Tuesday, 27th September 2022. The candidates are requested to download the admission card and print it in a white A4 sheet. It is important for the candidate to attest the admission card before sitting for the examination. Please note that the admission cards will not be sent to any candidate by post.
- The pass list will be sent to the UGC and published on the web sites of the University of Colombo School of Computing (www.ucsc.cmb.ac.lk) and the University of Sri Jayewardenepura (https://www.sjp.ac.lk/)
- Passing the Aptitude Test alone will not entitle the candidate for the admission to the Information Systems Undergraduate Degree Programme offered by the University of Colombo School of Computing and the Faculty of Computing of University of Sri Jayewardenepura. The candidates are required to apply for the programme by submitting the application form in the Handbook on “Admission to the Undergraduate Courses of the Universities in Sri Lanka – Academic Year 2021/2022” issued by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
For more information about the conditions of the Aptitude Test please visit ;
https://ucsc.cmb.ac.lk/aptitude-test-registration/public/ – Registration Form
Inquiries regarding the Application Process and/or the Aptitude Test should be made to the Senior Assistant Registrar/Examinations & Registration of the University of Colombo School of Computing – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty of Computing
University of Sri Jayewardenepura