The Japura Alumni Australia Inc. (JAAI) award scholarships on the basis of financial needs, academic success, and future plans of the applicants. These awards are open to undergraduates of all faculties of the university. Each scholarship which is valid for one academic year gives the scholarship holder the ability to concentrate on their studies better. Once a recipient is chosen, they will receive Rs. 2500 for the period of 10 months.
The Japura Scholarship Fund (JSF) was established in 2010 by Japura Alumni Australia Inc. (JAAI).
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should show that
1) They are registered and enrolled as a student in the University of Sri Jayewardenepura
2) They are a full time student of the University (A letter of recommendation from the Department Head should be attached)
3) Copies of your results to prove your academic excellence
4) A personal statement of 500 words why you deserve to receive the scholarship should be submitted (can be in Sinhala and can be attached as a scanned copy)
5) The application should be submitted through their websitewww.japuraalumni.com on or before 31st January 2015 6pm.
The selection is based on three criteria
– Academic Excellence (Weight 40%)
– Social and sports achievement (Weight 20%)
– Applicant’s Income/Financial considerations – (Weight 40% )
The applications are available to be downloaded from their website www.japuraalumni.com. You can complete them and submit the supporting documents with the online application. You will be able to know more about the program tomorrow 05th of January 2015, 10 am at SBFF1 (New Soratha Building). Come join tomorrow and get to know about the educational support you have been hoping for.
For details visit:
The scholarship awareness program organised by The Japura Alumni Australia Inc. (JAAI) was held on the 5th of January 2015.
Photo and Text: Japura Flames