University is closed for students as a preventive measure to control spreading of the Corona Virus. During this period, Jayewardnepura academics can now teach your students online using this tool. Zoom is a powerful tool that makes teaching an online class easy. It costs more than $14.99 per month, however it is provided free for state Universities by Lanka Education & Research Network (LEARN).
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing platform that can be used for video conferencing meetings, audio conferencing, webinars, meeting recordings, and live chat.
From 30th March 2020 access to zoom hosted at LEARN network is free for Lecturers and participating students.
To set up a Zoom
- Teacher needs a computer to sync and run Zoom Meetings (deliver your class) – Your computer should have a microphone, camera and speaker
- Each student should download zoom app in their tablet/ mobile phone or computer to launch the Zoom Meetings
How do you use Zoom?
- University academic staff can login to the zoom facility (https://learn.zoom.us) by obtaining a Username and a Password through the link https://cits.sjp.ac.lk/applyzoom.html. If you have any queries please contact Centre for IT Services or visit https://cits.sjp.ac.lk/zoom.html for more details.
Press https://learn.zoom.us and then select configure your account.
Then select University of Sri Jayewardenepura from the dropdown menu
2. Login with your username and password.
3. From the opening screen you can Host a meeting (or schedule a meeting at a later time)
How To Teach an Online Lesson with Zoom
PS: You may also use our Moodle based LMS or google classroom to upload your lecture notes and deliver student assignments.