This post is also available in: Sinhala
Calling for applications (Year 2016)
Applications are invited from those who are suitable to follow the Certificate Course in Teaching in Higher Education (CTHE), which will be conducted by the Staff Development Centre of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura (SDC/USJP).
This course is specially designed for the university academic staff. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission to fulfill the requirement to apply for confirmation after completion of the probationary period of lecturers in university services. This course is also designed to play an essential part for career development programme in the university system. The course is scheduled to be commenced in March, 2016.
Medium of instruction : English
Course duration : Minimum 6 months
Course Modules :
1. ‘Qualities of a Quality Graduate’ and attributes needed form the academics to produce such graduates.
2. Improving learning, teaching, assessment, administrative and research competencies required for university academics
3. Orientation to the current trends, challenges and future developments of the university system
4. Use of modern technologies in successful teaching
5. Improving professional, interpersonal and soft skills
6. Enhancement of quality of life of university academics
7. Improving the contribution of the academic community towards promoting extracurricular activities of the student community
8. Microteaching sessions – practice sessions
9. Portfolio assessment
10. Evaluation procedures
Learning methods : Face-to-face sessions, group activities, eLearning and self-learning etc.
Learning locations : In-class training at SDC/USJP, Outward Bound Training at Belihuloya
Course fees : Rs.40,000/=
Method of application : Payment of Rs. 500/= has to be made to the A/C No.097-1001-6-2315454 at Peoples Bank, Gangodawila and submit the receipt along with the application.
Self-made applications including your full bio-data, has to reach the Director, Staff Development Centre, University of Sri Jayewardenepura on or before 29th February, 2016 by Registered Post.
If any clarification is needed, you can contact the Programme Manager/Staff Development Centre through 011-2758470.
University of Sri Jayewardenepura,