UNIVERSITY OF SRI JAYEWARDENEPURA
University Admissions for the Academic Year 2014/2015
BSc (Special) Degree in Sports Sciences & Management
The University of Sri Jayewardenepura calls applications to conduct the Aptitude Test to select students for admission to the study programme leading to BSc (Special) Degree in Sports Science and Management.
In order to be eligible for admission to the above mentioned degree programme, candidates should be qualified for university admission with at least “S” passes for three subjects available in Arts, Commerce, Biological Sciences or Physical Sciences subject streams at the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination held in 2014.
Aptitude Test will only be conducted in English medium. Aptitude Test has two components, a written paper and a practical test.
- Theoretical knowledge related to the field of Sports Science and Management is tested via a one and a half hour (1½ h) objective test. This written test carries Forty (40) marks.
- Practical test carries Thirty (30) marks. The candidate should produce a valid medical certificate obtained from a licensed medical practitioner before starting the said test. Practical test components are : 25 m Sprint, 5×10 m Shuttle run, 1000 m Aerobic run, Standing Broad Jump, Push Ups (Nature of the Push Ups test is same for both male and female candidates) and Sit and Reach Test.
Thirty (30) marks out of the total of 100 marks for the Aptitude Test will be allocated for the candidate’s achievements in International, National, and Provincial level performances of sports.
Photocopies of the candidate’s certificates of the highest sports achievements obtained within the past five years (2009–2014) should be sent along with the application. All sports certificates should be certified by the Principal of the School/Divisional Education Director/Provincial Education Director or the Sports Director.
OBTAINING OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants are required to download the application forms from the University of Sri Jayewardenepura web site of www.sjp.ac.lk or prepare their own application forms in accordance with the specimen on A-4 size papers.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants who wish to sit for the Aptitude Test at USJP should submit their applications under registered post to reach “Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda” on or before 15th June 2015. “Aptitude Test for BSc (SSM)” should be mentioned on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Applicants should pay a fee of Rs 750/= to the Account Number 097-1-001-7-001-4075 (People’s Bank) in favour of University of Sri Jayewardenepura and send the receipt along with the application.
A complete application should include the following;
- Aptitude Test fee payment voucher for Rs. 750/=
- Certified copy of G.C.E (A/L) 2014 Examination results (including Z Score & General Test marks; certified by the Principal of the School or a Justice of the Peace)
- Certified copy of G.C.E. (O/L) Examination results (certified by the Principal of the School or a Justice of the Peace)
- Photocopies of Sports Certificates (certified by the Principal of the School/Divisional Education Director/Provincial Education Director)
- An affidavit in support of changes appeared in the application and certificates, if any
- A self-addressed envelope (10½ × 22½ cm) with stamp
The Written Test will be held on 27th June 2015, from 9.30 – 11.00 a.m. The Written Test will be held simultaneously in University of Sri Jayewardenepura and Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.
The Practical Test will be held on 27th or 28th June 2015.
Relevant information regarding the Practical Test will be informed in writing to individual applicants who have satisfied the admission requirements for the Aptitude Test.
For further information:
Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Dr. Sashie Weerasinghe,
Sports Science and Management Degree Programme,
Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Download Application and this Notice
University of Sri Jayewardenepura