Applications are called for Intake II (2017) of the Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcc) Programme of the Department of Accounting, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Those who possess a degree in accounting, management or commerce OR Professional accounting qualification OR Postgraduate diploma OR An equivalent qualification who aspire to acquire a Master’s level qualification in accounting with a view to enhancing their professional/ academic careers
- Enhances career prospects of accounting professionals.
- Serves as an entry-level qualification for advanced academic studies in accounting.
- Enhances the career progression of public-sector accounting professionals.
- Provides a chance to get more exemptions towards the prompt completion of international professional accounting programmes or/and serves as an entry-level qualification for those programmes.
To be eligible for admission to the MPAcc program, an applicant shall possess one of the following qualifications from a recognized Sri Lankan university/ foreign university or an equivalent qualification from a recognized professional body.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree (SLQF 5/SLQF 6) in Accounting, Commerce or Management from a recognised university or equivalent higher education institution
2. Membership or Passed Finalist of one of the following accounting professional bodies:
a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)
b) Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka (CMA-Sri Lanka)
c) Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA-UK)
d) Master of Professional AccountingMaster of Professional Accountingd) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA-UK)
3. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Financial Management (Department of Accounting, University of Sri Jayewardenepura) or equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognised University or equivalent higher education institution
4. A Diploma holder of the Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) of the Sri Lanka Institute of Advanced Technological Education (SLIATE)
5. Any other academic or professional qualification in Accounting, Commerce or Management subject to the approval of the University Senate
- Fill the application online and submit.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 2,500/- to account number 053010005923 from any People’s Bank branch.
OR Pay online via Visa or MasterCard in LKR.
- After you have made the payment of application fee, upload the following documents to process your application. OR Handover to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Color photograph (2” x 2.5” – sky blue background in PNG or JPG format)
- Birth certificate (in PDF format)
- Certified copies of the certificates of Academic / Professional qualification (in PDF format)
- Letter of Release from employer (only for full-time students who are currently employed) – (in PDF format)
- Bank payment receipt (in PDF format) – not applicable for Visa or MasterCard payments
- Documents that certify relevant work experience. (in PDF format)
Closing date of applications: 22nd February 2017
Detail are available at: http://mgt.sjp.ac.lk/acc/mpacc
Coordinator: Dr. Dileepa Samudrage
Deputy Coordinator: Dr. Roshan Ajward
Department of Accounting
Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Nugegoda, Sri Lanka.
Tele: +94 112803456
Ms. Hasini : +94 11 2881552 / Ms Padmini : +94 11 2881550
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura