PhD Program in Management
Offered through the Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce
New Admissions for Academic Year 2024
Course fees: LKR 300, 000 per annum
Applicants must satisfy any of the following admission requirements:
- Master of Philosophy degree in Management/ Management related discipline
- Master’s degree in Management/ Management related discipline
- Master’s degree or a higher degree in any field from a recognized University with a minimum of three (3) years of managerial-level work experience
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “PhD in Management” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application and bank pay slip from this page. You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit a People’s Bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010005758
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informs you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s Bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
(Evidence of proficiency in written and spoken English: TOEFL/ILETS Equivalent results must be submitted by applicants whose mother tongue is not English. This is not a requirement for those who have earned an undergraduate or master’s degree in English medium.)
- Prepare one document (one PDF file including following documents) & Upload it to Service letter field – .pdf file
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation (In the case of applicants from academic institutions references shall be from two academic referees. In the case of other applicants one recommendation shall be from an academic referee and the other from a professional well acquainted with the candidate)
- Research proposal / Concept Paper (in accordance with the guidelines provided in the prescribed form on the Website)
- Service Letter: Applicants who are currently employed should provide evidence of service pursue graduate studies approved by the Head of the institution/ organization.
- Post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to the Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.Write “PhD in Management 2024” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
PhD Program in Management
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Telephone : 0112758349 / 0112803976 / 0718289575
Email : email@example.com
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Ms. Kumudu Herath: 011 288 1553
Concept Paper Format for Research DegreesConcept-paper-format-1
Application Closing Date: 31st October 2023