Educational opportunities in Australia;
University of Sri Jayewardenepura to light-up the way
Joint split/Double – Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees
In April 2017, a group of delegation led by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Sampath Amaratunge visited on an official invitation to the Universities in Australia has opened doors for the students to pursue their higher studies in top ranking universities in Australia.
University of Sri Jayewardenepura soon will be offering split/joint Undergraduate degrees in Management, MBA, PhD in Business Administration and split/joint MSc and Double Doctorates in multidisciplinary research areas in Biotechnology, Medical Sciences and Neurosciences collaborating with top world ranking Australian Universities.
Outcomes of the visit
Joint double Under Graduate, Post Graduate Degrees in Business
- Business school of University of Monash is to collaborate with USJP and offer joint research, student and academics exchange program from 2018. Also 2 Plus 2 Double degree Program at undergraduate level
- Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law is ready to offer Joint MBA Program, 2 plus 2 or 3 plus 1 double degree program, joint research, academics and students exchange at both undergraduate and postgraduate level
- College of Business – Victoria University by collaborating with USJP is ready to offer PhD placement and scholarship for our academics and students, Academic exchange programs
- UWA Business School, signed MOU for PhD program with USJP for the employees in Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Joint double Under Graduate, Post Graduate Degrees in Biomedical Sciences, Bio Technology
- Queensland University of Technology joined hands with USJP to offer Joint PhD opportunities in Multidisciplinary research in Biomedical Sciences and to be collaborate in future to offer joint MPhil and Maters in Biomedical Sciences. Also QUT to grant annual scholarships to 10 students waiving off the total tuition fee estimated worth of the exemption is around 29 000 Australian dollars (approximately 3.2 million LKR) per annum enrolled for MPhil.
- The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is to collaborate with USJP and open pathways for enrolling 2-3 students to MPhil and PhDs in the field of Neurosciences.
- University of Griffith joined hands with USJP to create openings in exchange of academic staff members, collaborative research and possible exchange of academic papers, mutual assistance in the preparation of seminars, conferences and workshops, exchange of academic publication materials or other information, co-operation in training projects for specified areas of development and opportunities for other forms of co-operation, such as the delivery of award and non-award courses. Also USJP to collaborate with Gold Coast Campus, University of Griffith and allow student exchange program annually for MPhil and PhD.
- University of Western Australia (UWA) collaborating with USJP, allow 2-3 students to enroll for MPhil and PhD annually. Further to this collaboration USJP will also interact with School of Indigenous Studies and Center for Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health, UWA on establishing a National Centre for Integrative Medicine.
To find more about the upcoming opportunities to be offered by USJP, Please click here; Educational Opportunities in Australia