Applications are called for the following external degree courses offered by the External Degrees and Extension
Courses Unit of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura until 28th February 2019
External Degree Courses Offered by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Bachelor of Arts (General) External Degree Program
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (General) External Degree Program in Environmental and Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in English (General) External Degree Program
External Degree Courses Offered by the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce:
- Bachelor of Commerce (General) External Degree Program
- Bachelor of Science Management (Public) General (External) Degree Program
Qualifications Required for the Application Process:
Should have passed G.C.E. Advanced Level Examination in one sitting
Should possess an equivalent qualification that is approved by the University Senate. The Qualifications of each Degree Program can view / download by clicking here
Selection for Enrollment for the External Degree Programs:
Since only a limited number of students are selected for the enrollment of the above courses, the students will be selected through a selection/ entry test in the event that the number of applicants exceeds the expected number.
Procedure for Sending in Applications:
It is essential that the applicants deposit the due amount of money at the bank and retrieve a receipt for the payment, prior to the completion of the application according to the instructions given below.
- An amount of Rs. 1300/- should be credited, through any People’s Bank branch, to the Gangodawila branch of the People’s Bank of the External Degrees and Extension Courses Unit of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Account details are given below.
The receipt should be attached with the application. It is essential that the payment should be made to the correct account number in relation to the respective degree program applied. (It is advisable to keep a photocopy of the receipt with the applicant).
- A duly completed application form should be submitted online using the below-mentioned link
- A copy of the application should be downloaded and posted via registered post to the address given below on or before 28.02.2019. A certified copy of the birth certificate, certified copies of certificates related to educational qualifications and a certified copy of the NIC should be attached with application. The bank receipt should be sent with the application.
(Note: the name of the relevant degree program should be mentioned on the top left corner of the envelope)
Degree Programs and Their Respective Account Numbers:
|Bachelor of Arts (General) External Degree Program||072010007010|
|Bachelor of Social Sciences (General) External Degree Program in Environmental and Development Studies||072010007069|
|Bachelor of Arts in English (General) External Degree Program||072010007028|
|Bachelor of Commerce (General) External Degree Program||072010007036|
|Bachelor of Science Management (Public) General (External) Degree Program||072010007051|
Instructions to Candidates
- There is no affiliated unit or institute that undertakes/ performs the duties and responsibilities of the External Degrees and Extension Courses Unit (EDECU). The candidate himself/herself should send the application. The EDECU does not take any responsibility for applications sent by any third parties.
- The application fee of Rs. 1300/- is non-refundable.
- Delayed and incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Candidates are required to adhere to the guidelines in selecting the subjects for the Bachelor of Arts (General) External Degree Program. Please refer to the degree description.
- Only one application should be submitted for each program. Applications which are not in the correct format will be rejected.
Please send your applications to:
The Assistant Registrar
External Degrees and Extension Courses Unit
P.O. Box No: 10
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Nugegoda – 10250