Applications are invited from interested candidates for the M.Sc. in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (2023) (SLQF 10) offered by the Department of Statistics and Department of Computer Science, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. This program has been designed for graduates with basic knowledge in Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics to provide them an opportunity to further develop their knowledge in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. Those who complete the program successfully will gain knowledge in computer science, Statistics, and Optimization, with relevance in data science and artificial intelligence. Apart from that, the MSc in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence provides (a) strong core training so that graduates can adapt easily to changes and new demands from industry (b) an opportunity to do research, and (c) Integrate fields within computer science, Optimization, and Statistics to create, adept and well-rounded data scientists (d) an opportunity for graduate employees to gain higher educational qualifications required for their promotions and career development.
Background of the program
The program was designed in partnership with the Erasmus+ DS&AI consortium, a group of 15 European and Asian universities with the mission of bringing European-standard advanced education to Asia.
- Those who need academic qualifications in Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics.
- Those who are planning to start a career or are already employed as Data Scientists.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree including 30 credits in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics or a related discipline from a university or an equivalent institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- A qualification of SLQF level 6 or above in the relevant areas of Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics or a related discipline from a university or an equivalent institution recognized by the University Grants Commission /University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Please visit http://science.sjp.ac.lk/sta/dsai/ for more information regarding the program.
Duration: Two (02) years
Course Fee: Rs. 475,000/-
Commencement: January, 2023
In addition, a library fee, an examination fee, and a registration fee should be payable at the time of registration.
Lectures and practical classes will be conducted during weekends.
(Saturday: 8 am – 5 pm, Sunday: 8 am – 1pm).
Closing date of applications: 16th December 2022
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence” and log in with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” on a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon .
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to account number 053010006855
Account Holder: University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Bank & Branch: Peoples Bank, Gangodawila branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from the 4th step above) to email@example.com with scanned copies of the Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph, and payment receipt.
Please write “Data Science & AI – 2023” in the subject field of the email.
- Post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to the Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “Data Science & AI – 2023” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further information
Dr. Chitraka Wickramarachchi
MSc in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
Department of Statistics,
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Tel: 011-2803225 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Graduate Studies, USJ
Mrs. Sachintha: 011-2881557
If any issue with the application
The program will be offered only if at least 20 candidates are registered.