The AHEAD Operation of University of Sri Jayewardenepura, invites applications from interested parties/entities for Designer/Consultancy for Smart Class Room, under the ELTA/ELSE Grant.
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura has been started modernizing and upgrading process of the whole academic activities Under the AHEAD project that focusing on enhancing ICT and digital base teaching, learning and assessment of the academic activities regarding undergraduates. Beside path of this process, faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FHSS), is planning to makes 12 smart class rooms with in faculty premises with equipping necessary modern digital base learning and teaching equipment’s. Part of this process, Faculty is inviting a most qualified and experienced person who specialized for architectural planning and designing of smart class rooms for the higher educational institutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Doing a brief presentation about smart class room concept for the academic staff.
- Designing a suitable physical environment with interior in accordance to available space of the 12 class rooms
- Designing fitting of the sounds system in the smart class room
- Designing fitting of the tables and chairs in 12 smart class rooms
- Designing installation of the digital screen and podiums in 12 smart class rooms
- Designing windows and door and floor designing curtain system for the 12 class rooms
Qualification and Expertise:
The successful entity is required to meet the following criteria:
- Reorganized university degree on interior and exterior of architectural designing’s
- Strong theoretical and practical background in interior and exterior designs of the smart class room
- Comprehensive and in-depth understanding of the smart class concept and its application in higher education institutions.
- Proven experience of architectural designing of the smart class room with proof evidence
- Design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc.
This application is open for individuals.
Individuals should provide the following:
- Letter of application;
- References list;
- Copy of catalogue or samples of the design work, if available;
A quality designed layout of 12 smart class rooms with all the mention requirements need to be delivered within three months period with effect from assigned the position.
The contract duration is three month period.
Terms and conditions of payment
After successful completion of the designed layout of the 12 smart class rooms that Project has been allocated 100000 LKR as remuneration for the Design consultancy for the designer or consultant.
No travel expenses involved.
Applications and particulars :
Sealed quotations will be received by the Deputy Director/Procurement(OTS), AHEAD Operation, 1st Floor, Vice Chancellor’s Lodge, University of Sri Jayewardnepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda on or before 2.30 p.m. of 12.06.2019.
You are hereby requested to provide your work schedule along with your CV and any other data which you may think are relevant for accepting your quotation.