MSc in Immunology – 2023
Offered through the Department of Immunology and Molecular Medicine, USJ
New Admissions for 2023
Application Closing Date: 15th February 2023
Applications are invited from interested candidates for the MSc in Immunology (SLQF 10) offered through the Department of Immunology and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. This program has been designed for graduates with a basic knowledge in Immunology to provide them an opportunity to further develop their knowledge and expertise in Immunology, Molecular Medicine, Allergy, and related fields and make them well-rounded experts in Immunology. Those who complete the program successfully will gain knowledge in immunological mechanisms, autoimmunity, cancer immunology and integrated fields within Immunology, Molecular Medicine and Allergy as well as develop practical skills in molecular biology techniques and allergy diagnosis.
Apart from that the MSc in Immunology provides (a) strong core training so that graduates can adapt easily to changes and new demands from industry (b) an opportunity to engage with experts in the field both local and international (c) contribute to innovation, research and service development in immunology at both institutional and national levels (d) develop effective scientific communication skills through oral/poster presentations in research and (e) an opportunity for graduate employees to gain higher educational qualifications required for their promotions and career development.
Background of the program
The program was designed in partnership with SungKyunKwan University, the Republic of Korea as a part of the Leading University Project for International Cooperation which aims to develop educational and scientific research in the fields of Immunology and Molecular Medicine.
- Those who need academic qualifications in Immunology.
- Those who are planning to start a career or are already employed in the fields of Immunology, Molecular Medicine and Allergy.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine (MBBS), Veterinary Science (BVSc) or Dentistry (BDS)
- BSc (Hons) in Human Biology, BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences or any other BSc Special or Honours Degree with Immunology as a Subject
- BSc General Degree with immunology as a subject
From a recognized university in Sri Lanka or overseas provided that the Overseas University is recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Duration: 2 Years
Rs. 1,200,000/- (for locals)
USD 9,000/- (for SAARC countries)
USD 15,000/- (for Non-SAARC countries)
In addition, the following fee should be payable at the time of registration.
Library subscription Rs. 5,000.00
Registration fee Rs. 5,000.00
Library deposit Rs. 5,000.00 (refundable)
Installment payments can be arranged (Conditions apply)
Application Closing Date: 15th February 2023
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in Immunology” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” on a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon .
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to account number 053010005121
Account Holder: University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Bank & Branch: Peoples Bank, Gangodawila branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from the 4th step above) to email@example.com with scanned copies of the Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph, and payment receipt.
Please write “Immunology – 2023” in the subject field of the email.
- Post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to the Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “MSc in Immunology – 2023” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Ms. Dinithi Dahanayake
Project Coordinator – MSc in Immunology
Department of Immunology & Molecular Medicine,
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Tel: 011-2804038 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Manjula: 011-2881555
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura