The AHEAD Operation of University of Sri Jayewardenepura, invites applications from prospective candidates for the Post of Project Assistant (Full Time), to be appointed for the ELTA-ELSE Grants.
- Should be citizens of Sri Lanka.
- Age should be below 35 years on the date of application.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pass in G.C.E (A/L) examination in one sitting or higher qualification.
- ii) A Chartered Secretary with at least 4 years’ experience in the relevant field.
Work experience with World Bank funded Higher Education Operations would be an added qualification.
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Basic knowledge in Accounting, Finance and Procurement Activities in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in the areas of Word, Excel, email and internet.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally in Sinhala or Tamil. Ability to Communicate in English with the World Bank, MHEH, UGC, OMST and others.
Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members.
SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS:
Gross salary – Rs. 50,000.00
Selected candidates will contribute 8% from their monthly salary to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) while the AHEAD/ELTA-ELSE Grant will make a contribution of 15% of their salary of which 12% will be credited to Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and 3% to the Employee Trust Fund (ETF).
METHOD OF RECRUITMENT:
This is a full-time position. Initially the Contract Appointment shall be for a period of 12 months and may be renewed based on performance, during the Operation period.
APPLICATIONS AND PARTICULARS:
Self-made applications along with the copies of all academic and professional qualifications and documents to prove the working experience shall be forwarded under registered cover indicating the post on the top left-hand corner of the envelope to reach the Director/OTS, AHEAD Operation, 1stFloor, Vice Chancellors Lodge, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda., on or before 25th February, 2019.
The AHEAD Operation reserve the right to shortlist the candidates. Applications which do not reach the requirements, incomplete applications and applications which reach after the closing date will be rejected without intimation.
1st Floor, Vice Chancellors Lodge,
(Adjoining Faculty of Graduate Studies)
University of Sri Jayewardenepura,